2,016 Miles in 2016: What’s the deal?
Here are the basics:
Me, my eleven-year-old son, and anyone else who wants to sign up. You can commit individually or as a team.
Wherever you are.
2016. All year. You can still decide to join the challenge.
So many reasons. Most of them revolve around improved physical and mental health. Here are a few:
- Weight management.
- Prevention of heart disease, high blood pressure, stroke, and and type 2 diabetes.
- Stronger muscles and bones.
- Improved mood and sleep.
- Fitness goals add structure and motivate.
- I came so close to 2,015 last year – I really want to check the box on that goal.
- Inspiring my kids through example.
Wear a Fitbit or similar wearable tracker. Alternatively, make sure your iPhone is tracking your steps and then carry it everywhere (as if you weren’t already). Then, make sure you move 5.5 miles per day. The website provides a convenient mileage tracker to keep track of your progress.
We are 35 days into this year’s challenge and it’s going really well!I hit my first milestone (100 miles) on January 26. As of today I am about 59 miles from my second milestone (200 miles).
January 26: Milestone 1
As of January 30: 128.18 miles