So, I mentioned that I am saving $$ by making my own cold brew iced coffee these days. I’m not perfect. I still buy coffee out. But it’s far less than it was before, and I’m working on it. The goal is progress, not perfection, right?
It’s really easy though, and if you’re reading this then you deserve to know just how easy it is – allow me to show you:
Here’s what you’ll need:
- French press coffee maker
- Ground coffee (I have used many, but Starbucks Pike Place is a good one) – have the barista grind the coffee for a French press – or just buy it already ground and it will probably work just as well.
Here’s how it’s done:
- Scoop the ground coffee into the French press. I use 10 Tbsp of grounds.
- Add cold water.
- Stir to expose all of the coffee to all of the water.
- Place the top on the French press (or just cover with plastic wrap) and leave it to steep on the counter for 12-18 hours.
- After it has finished steeping, press the coffee, then pour it into a pitcher to keep in the fridge.
When you’re ready to drink some of your delicious cold brew, fill your glass with ice, pour in enough coffee to fill the glass about half full, and then fill the remainder of the cup with cold water.
I like strong-tasting coffee – adjust the water:coffee ratio to your own preferred flavor. Season your coffee as usual with milk, etc