- 3 lbs. baby potatoes – these will be easy to eat over the course of the week. Everyone in the family likes them roasted with olive oil and salt.
- 1 lb. bell peppers – we’ll eat these raw over the course of the week if I wash them and slice them soon.
- 1 lb. eggplant – yuck. my honest opinion about eggplant is simply that it’s overrated. This is one vegetable that I just can’t wrap my arms around. I really like most vegetables enough to eat them, but this is one that makes me understand how Monkey seems to feel about most vegetables (or any new foods). I’m going to try roasting it this time to see if it improves the texture any.
- 1 bunch of fat carrots – the kids really like cooked carrots, so I scrubbed them, peeled them, sliced them into discs, and put them all into a pot of boiling water for two minutes (start timing when the water begins to boil after adding the carrots). After two minutes in boiling water I removed them, submerging them in a bowl of prepared ice water for two minutes. After that, into zip lock freezer bags, and into the freezer.
- 1 lb. beets – I’m the only one in the family who likes beets, so I froze them (peeled and quartered them, cooked them in boiling water for about 20 min (fork tender), then shocked them in ice water for 20 minutes more, placed in zip lock freezer bags).
- 1 bunch arugula – lunch
- 1 bunch kale – Max will love this
- 1 pint baby sweet peppers – lunch
- 1 lb. green beans – We’re still eating the beans from last week’s share, so I cleaned and trimmed these, cooked them like the carrots, and then put them in the freezer.